Another healthy and filling recipe that can be used for dinner or snacks. This one also is really quick and takes less than 30 minutes, can be served with flavored yogurt. Here I made cucumber raita to go with it which add more veggies to the plate.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Kitchen instrument: None
Difficulty level: 3/10
- 4 cups of Mamra (Puffed Rice)
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced onions (optional)
- salt per taste
- 2 tsp green chillies chopped
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp curry leaves
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup cucumber shred
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped mint leaves
1. In a large bowl add Mamra .
2. Add water until the Mamra is completely covered.
3. Let them soak for a minute.
4. Now drain and press to remove access water.
5. Let it stand in another bowl for 5 minutes.
6. Heat oil in a pan.
7. Add mustard seeds and hear them crackle.
8. Now add curry leaves and vegetables of your choice.
9. Saute it for 2 minutes.
10. Add salt and other seasonings.
11. Saute it for another 5 minutes.
12. Now add mamra and mix all well.
13. Stir it for couple more minutes.
14. Add 1/2 tsp of lemon juice
15. Mix well and serve.
16. Garnish with half of the chopped mint leaves.
17. Your Pulav is ready.
18. Now in a bowl, beat yogurt until smooth.
19. Add cucumber and salt per taste.
20. Add some chopped green chillies if you want to add a little kick to it.
21. Garnish with rest of the mint leaves and serve with Pulav.
- Do not soak puffs for more than a minute. Also, drain it completely by pressing them. You can also add vegetables of your choice.