Topioca Sago – Sabudana is mainly used to make various recipes during Fast. It has high content of starch and protein. Called by various names, “sabudana” is most common. The dish I will be making today will be edible during fast and various food restrictions. I will use plantain, and some nuts and fruits. It can be used for snack or starters.
Preparation time: 50 minutes
Kitchen instrument: Oven
Difficulty level: 4/10
- 2 large plantains
- 2 cups of raw sabudana
- 2 tsp green chillies
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 cups o of nuts (peanuts, cashew and almonds)
- Salt per taste
- 3-4 tsp oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
1. Wash sabudana 3-4 times.
2. Soak in water for 4-5 hours
3. Boil plantains.
4. Mash and make a paste.
5. Add sabudana , chillipaste, cilantro, ginger and salt in a large bowl.
6. Add mashed plantains and mix all well.
7. Now make small patties out of the mixture.
8. Take cupcake ba king tray and turn it upside down.
9. Grease the tray.
10. Now on each cup of the try, put patties and press down to form a cup.
11. Brush each cup with oil in outer side.
12. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and place the tray in the oven
13. Bake the cups for 8-10 minutes until golden in color.
14. Your cups are ready.
15. Now for filling, heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and add all the nuts to roast.
16. Sprinkle salt and pepper and roast for 5-7 minutes on low heat until crisp.
17. Add to the bowls and top with pomegranate seeds.
18. Your cups are ready to serve.
- Sabudana are soaked properly when they are large and fluffy. All the water has been drained. You can use potatoes instead of plantains.