When it is the season of rain showers, corn recipes are the most desired. The normal trend is to make deep fried dumplings made out of corn kernels. We will make small tortillas with corn and plantain mixture and use it as a wrap. It’s just one more way to gets your hungry guests entertained.
Preparation time: 50 minutes
Kitchen instrument: Blender/Food Processor
Difficulty level: 4/10
- 2 cups of fresh corn kernels
- 2 large plantains
- 1 cup of chickpea flour
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 tsp green chilli paste
- Salt per taste
- 4-5 green chillies
- Half green, red and yellow bell pepper
- 1 small carrots
- 1 small tomato
- 4-5 tsp oil
1. Cook Plantain and Corn separately in Pressure cooker or boiler.
2. Peel plantain and mash to make paste.
3. Chop boiled corn in chopper.
4. In a large mixing bowl, Add mashed plantain, chopped corn, salt, chilli paste , sugar and cilantro.
5. Mix well and set aside for 5-7 minutes.
6. Now add chickpea flour and mix well to form dough.
7. If necessary add water with spoon. Use of spoon is necessary to make sure you don’t put access water.
8. Now make balls of size of a large lemon.
9. Using rolling pin a dry flour roll thin tortilla.
10. Heat griddle and grease with oil.
11. Now put the tortilla and grill until golden on both sides.
12. Your tortilla for wrap is ready.
13. Now cut all the vegetables into long strips.
14. Heat a small pan with 1 tsp oil and sauté all the cut vegetables.
15. Sprinkle some salt and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
16. Now place tortillas in a plate and spread some ketchup or chatni of your choice.
17. Place sauted vegetables in the centre, roll the wrap and chow them down.
- If you cud not roll tortilla , another option is to put the dough balls on the griddle and using fingers tips press on the ball and make a thin layer on the griddle. Grease your fingers while doing this to avoid getting the dough stuck to your fingers.