Heavy dinner or lunch is not favorites among summer parties. Instead, I choose to have multiple appetizers or starters and sides. Even though they fill your tummy they donâ€™t necessarily give the stuffed feeling. One of my all-time favorites for summer is minty pineapple paneer. Extremely healthy, it is very quick and easy with only 3- 4 simple and easily available ingredients like pineapple, paneer and mint leaves.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Kitchen equipment: Griddle or Grill and Blender
- Half pineapple
- 350 gm paneer
- 150 gm mint leaves
- 5 chillies
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp daliya (split Pea)
- 2 -3 tsp oil
1. Make square pieces of paneer and pineapple separately.
2. The size can be of your choice.
3. Sprinkle salt and toss both in separate bowl.
4. Heat griddle and add 1 tsp oil to grease the griddle
5. Place paneer pieces evenly on griddle to grill on one side.
6. Once golden brown, turn around and grill both sides.
7. Repeat same process with pineapple pieces.
8. Now in a blender add mint and cilantro leaves.
9. Add chillies and salt per your taste and little water.
10. Add sugar and daliya and blend to make thick paste.
11. Now you can either mix the sauce with grilled pineapple and paneer to serve garnished with mint leaves.
12. Or you can also serve paneer and pineapple with mint sauce on the side.
- You can use grill to smoke paneer and pineapple instead of griddle. Sometimes, I use readymade sev to make mint sauce instead of daliya (split pea). Do not add too many ingredients to the recipe so that the distinct taste of pineapple and smoked paneer blossoms with mint.