Any time there is a mixture of various fried snacks with some sauce it can be named Bhel. I am going to create a Thai version of Bhel using tofu, peanut sauce and noodles.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Kitchen instrument: Shredder
Difficulty level: 4/10
- 200 gm Tofu
- 250 gm noodles
- 1 cup cabbage shred
- 1 cup carrot shred
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp chilli sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- oil to fry
- 3 tsp honey
- 2 cup corn flour
1. Heat water in a Pan and Boil noodles for approximately 3 minutes or until cooked but not mushy.
2. Drain them in a drainer and then add them to a big mixing bowl.
3. Sprinkle 2 to 3 tbs of corn flour and toss thoroughly.
4. Now let it dry and for 30 minutes
5. Now heat oil and fry the noodles on medium heat until golden crisp.
6. Now make small chunks of soy and toss some corn flour on them to coat them thoroughly.
7. Deep fry them until golden and crisp.
8. In a small bowl, add peanut butter, chilli sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and honey.
9. Beat vigorously to make the peanut sauce. The texture should feel like dressing. Make it spicy or sweet per your choice. You can add little water to make the consistency such that mixes into Bhel.
10. No in a big bowl add fried noodles, tofu, carrot and cabbage shreds. Now add dressing.
11. Toss and mix well and serve immediately.
12. You can add green onions and cilantro to garnish.
- You do not have to fry tofu. Instead you can bake the tofu. To bring the taste closer to Indian taste you can use tamarind chutney too.