I created a fusion version of pesto and red sauce pasta using rice batter. Just another way to eat everyone’s favorite dish pasta. It is a little lengthy dish and takes some time but all worth.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Kitchen instrument: oven or steamer
Difficulty level: 5/10
- Rice batter 500 gms
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Salt per taste
- 400 gm pasta
- 1 litre milk
- Italian seasoning
- Chilli flakes 1 tsp
- 5 green chillies
- 200 gms spinach
- 400 gms tomatoes
- 2 tsp oil
- 4 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup whole purpose flour
1. Boil pasta in water until completely cooked.
2. Drain and let it cool down
3. In a pan heat butter and roast flour and add milk.
4. Stir it well and heat until thick (5-7 minutes) and add seasoning and chilli flakes.
5. Mix well for 4 -5 minutes and your cream sauce is ready.
6. Make puree from spinach and green chilli and separate puree for tomatoes and add into separate bowls.
7. In a pan, heat 1 tsp oil and add green puree.
8. Sauce for 2 minutes and add half of the pasta and half of the cheese sauce.
9. Your pesto pasta is ready.
10. Repeat the above steps with red puree and rest of the pasta and sauce.
11. Now your red pasta is ready.
12. Mix rice batter baking soda and salt and stir well.
13. Grease a baking tray and add a layer of batter
14. Bake into microwave for 7 minutes or until the batter is little cooked.
15. Add layer of pesto pasta and another layer of batter.
16. Bake for 7 more minutes.
17. Add red pasta and final layer of batter.
18. Bake for 7 minutes and do the knife test. If it comes out clean, your cake is ready.
19. Let it cool and make square or triangle pieces.
20. Serve it hot with ketchup.
- You can make single layer pasta instead of multiple. Also you can use steamer instead of oven or microwave.