Tapas are a wide variety of appetizers, or snacks, in Spanish cuisine. The portions are normally small and can be hot or cold. It’s traditional in Spain to combine several tapas to make a full meal. Today I am going to share rice and beans tapas recipe which can be one of your tapas or can be a side dish for your meal.
- 1 canned black beans (you can use 1.5 cup raw black beans boiled and drained)
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- tostada deep shells (optional)
- 1 tsp olive oil
Ingredients for Cilantro dip
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- pinch of salt
- 3 green chilli
- Soak rice for an hour
- In a pan heat oil
- Add drained rice and sizzle for 2-3 minutes
- Add tomatoes, salt and 2/5 cups of water
- Boil for 5-7 minutes
- Add drained black beans and cilantro
- Stir rice carefully and let the water completely be soaked
- Turn of the heat once rice and beans are ready and no water is left.
- For cilantro dip, add all the ingredients in the blender and blend it to make dip.
- You can serve it in tostada deep shells or in small pates and garnish with cilantro dip.
Rice and beans can be excellent side dis for a Mexican meal. You can make shells at home using moulds and deep frying them or baking them. I will make them by frying corn tortillas.