Most of us are aware of health benefits of Oat and Soybean. Oat and soybean both are excellent source of protein and Dietary fiber. I will try both the ingredients to make delicious tacos. This is the healthiest option to make tacos according to me. Now you can eat as many as tacos guilt free.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Kitchen instrument: Oven
Difficulty level: 5/10
- 1.5 cup oat
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup soy bean
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp red chilli sauce
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 4 tsp oil
- 1 cup cheese shred
1. Soak soybean overnight or at least for 3 to 4 hours.
2. Mix oat, 1 tsp seasoning, salt, 1 tsp oil and knead dough using water.
3. Set aside the dough for 30 minutes.
4. Cook soybean until soft.
5. In a pan heat 2 tsp oil.
6. Add bell pepper and tomato puree and salt per taste.
7. Let it simmer for 3 – 4 minutes.
8. Add soybean, sugar and chilli sauce and mix well.
9. Cover and let is simmer for another 7 – 9 minutes.
10. Your taco topping is ready.
11. Now make several small pieces from dough and roll small tacos.
12. Grease Cookie tray with cooking spray.
13. Preheat oven at 370 Degree F.
14. Arrange tacos in the tray to bake for 5 to 8 minutes turning over.
15. Once crisp and golden take out the baking try and add layer of your taco topping.
16. Garnish with cheese shred.
17. Bake it for another 4 – 5 minutes and serve hot.
- Oat has tendency to soak water so while kneading dough use enough water. Also, soybean takes time to cook. Soak them enough and boil them enough so that they become tender and soft.