The recipe I will be sharing with you breakfast or bread rolls with cabbage filling. Using Indian spices, I will give it Indian taste. The recipe will use the filling that we normally use to make stuffed eggplant curry and any other vegetable stuffing. It can be served as snack or starters.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Kitchen instrument: shredder
Difficulty level: 4/10
- 2 cups flour
- 1 small cabbage
- 1/2 cup chick pea flour
- Salt per taste.
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp mango powder (aam chur)
- 1 tsp coconut shred or powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tsp oil
1. Take flour, butter and salt per taste in a bowl and knead dough.
2. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
3. Separate leaves of cabbage and make rolls to then cut it with sharp knife to make fine shreds.
4. Sprinkle salt on the cabbage and toss well. let it stand for 15 minutes.
5. Now press cabbage hard to remove all the excess water.
6. In a pan heat 1tsp oil and roast chick pea flour.
7. Turn off the heat and add rest of the ingredients except oil.
8. Mix it well.
9. Now in pan heat 2 tsp oil, add cabbage and stir fry for 2 minutes.
10. Mix the seasoning mixture prepared above and mix well.
11. Turn off the heat and let it cool down.
12. Out of the dough make 3 to 4 parts.
13. Roll them with a roller and spread the cabbage mixture evenly on the surface.
14. Now roll the edges to make a long roll.
15. Cut the roll into 2 inches pieces
16. Heat oven to 350 degree f
17. place the rolls into flour dusted cookie try and bake it until golden brown
18. Serve with ketchup.
- Again, filling of rolls can be of your choice. But do keep it dry and not runny. So that it is easier to form rolls and bake.