This recipe is invention from leftovers. Bowl full of rice is leftover from morning. There are various ways to use it but if you want burger for evening snack then here is how you will make it. Sesame and rice goes really well together so rice and sesame will be our key ingredients today. Addition of some vegies goes without saying
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Kitchen Equipment: Oven
Difficulty level: 3/10
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 tsp shredded ginger
- 1 tsp chopped green chilli
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup roasted sesame seeds
- 2 tsp wheat flour
- 8 to 10 bread slices of your choice
- 1 cucumber and 1 large tomato sliced
- Plum or fruit of your choice to garnish
1. In a large mixing bowl add cooked rice.
2. Now add cut and chopped vegetables as above.
3. Add salt per taste.
4. Now cut the bread into round circles. Instead you can use buns.
5. Add the leftover portion of bread to the mixture.
6. Mix well and make round balls.
7. Roll into the sesame seed to cover them.
8. Preheat the oven at 370 degree F.
9. Grease cookie tray and place all the balls into the tray.
10. Apply butter spray on top of balls.
11. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the sesame seeds change the colour to light golden.
12. Toast the bread rounds lightly.
13. Now layer them with ketchup.
14. Add layer of cucumber and tomatoes.
15. Add the rice balls on top and put it in over to bake for 5 more minutes.
16. Serve it hot with ketchup.
17. Donâ€™t forget to decorate with circles of plum as little hats.
- U can add the vegetables of your choice to the rice balls. Onions, beetroot and carrots can go well. Also, instead of bread you can use buns. My favourite is bread because I can toast it for the crisp.