Another very healthy option!!! Quinoa pronounced as Keen-wa is a seed high in protein. This one scores #1 in books of health conscious groups. Read this detailed article about Quinoa for more information: http://www.well-beingsecrets.com/health-benefits-of-quinoa/
- 4 slices of Bread of your choice (Multigrain, whole-wheat or Oat). You can make this a sub too.
- Pesto sauce(store bought or made from scratch)
- 1 red onion finely chopped(optional)
- 1 cup spinach leaves (blended into puree)
- 2 cups cooked Quinoa( you can cook it exactly like rice which is soak and boil it until tender and fluffy)
- 2 potato cooked (2 raw banana cooked)
- 2-3 Romaine lettuce leafs
- Slice of cheese (Pepper Jack works best).
- 4 green chilies finely chopped
- 2 table spoon salt
- 1/4 spoon chopped fresh parsley (optional. u can use seasoning instead)
- 1/4 spoon chopped fresh basil (optional. u can use seasoning instead)
- Olive oil for shallow fry.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tea spoon olive oil
- 1/2 tea spoon salt
- 1/2 tea spoon lemon juice
- 6 roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup water or as needed
Mix above ingredients and blend it well in blender to make a coarse paste. Take it out in a bowl. Pesto is ready.
- Put cooked Quinoa in a big mixing bowl.
- Add mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Add green chillies, salt, parsley and Basil.
- Mix it well until it feels the consistency of dough.
- Form small Patties out of the mixture.
- You have option to either deep fry or shallow fry the patties until golden brown on both sides.
- Spread pesto heavily on two slices of bread or both inner sides of the sub.
- Place patties between the slices.
- Layer the slices of cheese.
- Top it with lettuce leaf.
- Cut triangle of the slice and serve it.
- You can serve it with side of pita chips or potato chips to make it complete meal.