Veg Sub may sound boring but this one is special creamy and yummy with some Avocados and cottage cheese. Its filling too even though is healthy and really low on calories. (If you avoid sides and add-ons)
- 6 inch Sub bread of your choice (Multigrain, whole-wheat or Oat)
- 50 gm spinach leaves finely chopped
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1/2 onion finely chopped(optional)
- 1 small bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1/4 tea spoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of oregano powder
- 2 table spoon crumbled cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In a pan, heat the oil.
- Add all the veggies to the oil.
- Add salt pepper and oregano.
- Saute all the veggies until all the water has been evaporated.
- Let it cool for couple minutes.
- Now add cottage cheese and mix in well.
- You can add some crushed peppers for the added kick.
- Now spread the mixture onto the sub.
- Place slices of Avocado on the top.
- If you like warm sandwiches, brush some butter on the sub and grill for 1/2 minutes on griddle high on heat.
- Serve it hot with mustard and ketchup.