By now, all of us know the benefits of Quinoa. If not, you can check out a detailed article on quinoa here: http://www.well-beingsecrets.com/health-benefits-of-quinoa/.
Considering its nutrient composition which is favorable compared to cereal, I normally like to use it for breakfast recipes. Benefit of High Protein goes without saying. With adding fruit and milk it can substitute you normal cereal or oatmeal breakfast.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Kitchen instrument: Blender
Difficulty level: 3/10
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup small cubes of Ripe Mango
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp Mango syrup
1. Soak quinoa in water for 4 to 5 hours.
2. In a pan boil milk and sugar.
3. Add soaked quinoa and let it boil along with milk for 10 to 15 minutes until quinoa is transparent and fluffy and milk is reduced to make thick puree.
4. Now let it cool a little and blend in high-speed blender it to make puree.
5. Add Mango syrup for the flavour and mix well.
6. Add mango cubes to the quinoa puree.
7. Now freeze half in a bowl and half in to ice try.
8. One of the several ways to serve the quinoa frozen bites are:
- Use just take them in ice cream cups and serve as dessert. I will be doing that here.
- You can make fruit smoothie out of the frozen cubes by just blending them into blender one morning by adding just a little more milk to it. This will make a great on the go breakfast.
- Another way to serve them is just buy adding cubes in regular cereal bowl.
- You can skip adding fruits and serve it cold by adding coffee along with a big scoop of ice cream.
- Quinoa takes time to be cooked so make sure you let them soak and boil enough. The test is to check if they give a transpired and fluffy look. You can try this with fruits of your choice like Strawberry and banana.