What better way to welcome holidays than a big smile on kids face. And believe me Cheesecake always does the trick. But to make mom’s life easy here is a cool and instant way to make some colorful cheese cake pops. The flavor I will use is fresh strawberry and mint. This recipe is great to use for Cooking or play date with kids. This could turn out to be a very interesting and yummy project with you little ones.
Preparation time: 60 minutes (includes refrigeration time)
Kitchen instrument: Microwave, blender, hand mixer
Difficulty level: 2/10
- 4-5 fresh strawberries
- 2-3 mint leaves
- I tsp strawberry essence
- 1 tsp mint essence
- 500gm cream cheese. (2 portion of 250gm each)
- 1 cup sugar or 3/4 cup sweetener
- 1 cup of white chocolate instant melt
- Sprinklers of your choice.
- 1 packet of plain crackers – Graham or Marie (10 to 12 pieces)
- 10-12 lollipop sticks (alternatively you can use edible biscuit sticks)
1. Using blender, make fine powder of crackers.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk cream cheese, cracker powder and sugar.
3. Whisk them well until sugar/sweetener is completely mixed. I use high speed hand mixer.
4. Make two equal portion and take out each portion in a separate bowl.
5. Make tiny pieces of 2 strawberries and add it to one portion of cream cheese mixture.
6. Add strawberry essence and mix it well with a whisk.
7. Add finely shredded mint leaves and mint essence to another portion and mix well.
8. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
9. Make small balls out of the mixture and insert lollipop sticks in the middle.
10. It will now look like lollipops.
11. Now using directions, melt the instant chocolate melts.
12. Dip each lollipops into the chocolate and add sprinklers of your choice.
13. Let it stand for 5-10 minutes.
14. Your cheese pops are ready to serve.
- The cream cheese mixture can be very sticky to form balls. This is why you would want to refrigerate it before forming balls. You can freeze it for less time to speed the process. You can use the same recipe with different flavours. Also, instead of mint leaves, you can actually add pieces of mint candies and this will add crunch to it. I have used white chocolate here but you can use dark or brown chocolate.