This is the shortest and simplest recipe for kulfi and we are going to make it layered with different flavours.
- 1 liter full fat milk (Amul Diamond)
- 1 cup pistachio pieces
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 tsp saffron (Dissolved in 4 tsp milk)
- 200 gm sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp corn starch
1. In a pan, heat the milk
2. Boil it until it is half and thick.
3. Dissolve 2 tsp corn starch in 4 tsp milk and add to the boiling mix.
4. Now add condensed milk and turn off the heat.
5. Mix well and freeze it for 6-7 hours.
6. Thaw it and bled it well so that you churn all the ice and re freeze it for another 6-7 hours.
7. Thaw it again and now make three portions in three separate bowls.
8. Add Pistachio to one, sliced Almonds to another and saffron into the third one.
9. Now fill 1/3 of shot glasses or serving cups with one of the three fillings.
10. Freeze it for another hour and add another layer and repeat with the third layer after an hour.
11. Garnish with some pistachio, saffron strands and almond slices.
The more you churn the mixture the better creamy texture you will get. Add flavours of your choice and you do not have to mix the flavours.