- Phyllo Dough sheets
- 3 cups of all purpose flour(Maida)
- 1/4 tea spoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 4 spoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
Filling and Glaze
- 250 gm of unsalted Butter
- 100 gm chopped walnut
- 50 gm chocolate chips
- Instead of walnut and chocolate chips you can use just Pistachio
- 1 tea spoon cinnamon powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tea spoon lemon juice
- Mix dough ingredients and knead a soft dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let it set aside for at least 2 hours.
- After two hours, make 10-12 pieces out of the dough.
- Roll each into thin sheets using some dry flour.
- You can stack it over each other by just sprinkling some dry flour or corn starch on top r each sheet.
- You can either use them fresh or freeze them.
- Chop walnuts into the blender
- Add chocolate chips
- Keep aside in mixing bowl
- In a sauce pan, mix water, sugar, lemon juice and honey.
- Bring it to boil until sugar is melted.
- Keep it on the stove for another 5 minutes stirring well.
- Keep aside and let it cool.
- If you are using frozen sheets, make sure they are completely thawed before using them.
- Place 4-5 dough sheets each brushed with butter on the bottom in the baking tray.
- Now sprinkle the walnut and chocolate chip mixture on the top evenly.
- Repeat one more time with another 4 sheets of dough and mixture.
- Top it for last 4 sheets of the dough.
- You can add 5 to 10 sheets as per your choice of layers.
- Cut the pastry into Small Square or diamond shaped pieces without removing any piece out of the tray.
- Now bake it at 325 degree for 1 hour.
- After removing from the oven pour the glaze (syrup) immediately with a spoon evenly on the tray spreading evenly on baklava.
- Let it cool completely before serving.
- You can store it in the refrigerator for later use.
Tips: Cover phyllo sheets with a dampened cloth to keep from drying out as you work. Also, make sure you butter the sheets thoroughly.