This is cooked exactly like parathas but has way less calories and load of mung protein. It gives carb and protein in the same dish. It is traditional and filling.
- 1 cup uncooked Mung beans
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp chopped/grated ginger
- 3 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup of cilantro leaves
- 1/2 spoon of hing (asafoetida)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup water
- Soak Mung beans in double the water for almost an hour
- Now boil it in the pan until you see peels coming out and little splits.
- Do not overcook them. You should feel the whole bean.
- Pour them in drainer and drain the water completely.
- In a mixing bowl add flour, salt, 1tsp oil, cilantro and green chillies.
- Add water to knead a dough.
- Knead a smooth dough and make small rounds
- Roll the Parathas and bake them on griddle with either oil or butter until golden brown and crispy on both sides.
- Serve hot with either beaten curd, chatni or pickle.
Tip: Make sure you donâ€™t overcook the beans. It should give you crisp.