Khichu is a very traditional Gujarati dish which is traditionally a rice flour dough for making papad. However it is popularly consumed as snack due to its taste. Even though rice is the most common flour used to prepare khichu, there are several other flours that are used as well. It is really quick and easy. Today I will use a combination of Rice and Mug flour to make some khichu cups. I will also add some vegetable to bring a twist.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup Mug flour
- Salt to taste
- 6 tsp oil
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup bell pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 tsp green chillies
- 1 tsp Methi masala
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- In a shallow pan, heat 1/2 tsp oil add chillies and bell pepper.
- Sauté it for 2 minutes adding salt.
- Turn off the heat and add cilantro and mix well.
- In a pan boil 3 cups of water with salt and 2 tsp oil and cumin seeds.
- Turn off the stove and add rice flour and mix well to make loose dough.
- In another pan boil 3 cups of water with 2 tsp oil and salt.
- Turn off stove and add Mug flour and mix well to make loose dough.
- While making both dough if you see lumps forming, you can easily blend it with hand mixer.
- Now in cupcakes try place linings
- Add one layer of mug khichu.
- Add half tsp of vegetables mix prepared above.
- Top it with final layer of rice khichu.
- Smoothen the top with a spoon and polish little oil
- Bake it at 300 degree to 7-10 minutes.
- Garnish with oil and methi Masala.
- Yummy vegetable khichu is ready to serve.