Rice cookies are a classic Persian cookies. Its unique texture stays slightly crumbly. We will add some cumin seeds, black pepper and chili flakes to get some savory and spicy taste to the cookies. This snack goes very well with morning breakfast or evening tea.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Kitchen instrument: Oven
Difficulty level: 4/10
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cheese
- Salt per taste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed pepper
1. Mix sugar, spice and butter and beat until fluffy.
2. Add flour and mix well.
3. Mix well to knead dough.
4. If the mixture is dry, add milk until you can form smooth dough.
5. Cover and store for an hour.
6. Preheat the oven for 325 degree F.
7. Roll the dough and cut pieces and shapes of your choice.
8. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until the cookies are golden rotating the tray. Turn around the cookies to be baked golden on both sides.
9. Let it cool on cooling rack.
10. Store in airtight container and serve when you like.
- Remember that the addition of the spice is not required. You can just make sweet cookies simply by avoiding pepper and chili flakes and adding more sugar to it. Also, when you take out cookies from oven let it be cool down completely before using. Also make sure to roll out cookies thin so that it can bake thoroughly.