Another super healthy snack and very seasonal too. Monsoon and corn kind of goes really well together. Oat has become my all-time favorite for snack recipes. We all know the nutrition content of oats by now. But let us explore corn a little bit. Corn kernels are the fruits of maize. Maize is a grain, and the kernels are used in cooking as a vegetable or a source of starch. Corn kernels can be used canned or fresh. However fresh needs to be cooked to soften. The combination of corn and oat gives a very filling snack. To make the recipe quick, I normally use canned corn kernels. To make it complete meal, I add side of roasted vegetables.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Kitchen instrument: oven
Difficulty level: 4/10
- 2 cups oat
- 1 can Corn Kernels ( 420 gm)
- 2 tsp green chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- salt per taste
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 large zucchini cut in desired shape
- I large carrots
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 3 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup cream cheese or your favourite cheese spread.
- 4 tsp milk
1. In a blender blend oat make it fine and coarse flour like texture.
2. Drain corn kernels and crush it in high speed food processor.
3. In a mixing bowl, add oat flour, corn puree, chilli paste, ginger paste, cilantro and salt per taste.
4. Mix it well and try to make a dough like texture.
5. Let it stand for 15 minutes and check the texture one more time to make any changes. Oat has tendency to soak water.
6. You can either add some milk if the mixture is too dry or add more oat if the mixture is too sticky.
7. Now form small balls out of the mixture and press it a little to make it look like thick cookies. Kebabs are ready to be grilled.
8. In a plate take some oat and roll the kebabs to give the coarse look.
9. Now grease a griddle and turn on the heat.
10. Now gently place the kebabs on the griddle to bake it until golden on both sides.
11. Make sure you bake it on low heat for at least 10 minutes.
12. Now cut the vegetables in your desired shapes and put it in a large mixing bowl.
13. Add 2 -3 tsp olive oil and salt per taste.
14. Toss it so that all the vegetables are coated with oil and salt.
15. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F .
16. Now in a baking tray layer the vegetables to roast for 15 minutes turning time to time.
17. You will know once they are roasted dark golden.
18. Kebabs with roast vegetables are ready to serve.
19. Add cream cheese or cheese spread in a mixing bowl and mix it with 3-4 tsp of milk.
20. Add seasoning per your taste and your dressing is ready.
21. Drizzle it over the roast vegetables and your snack is ready to be gobbled.
- Alternatively, if you are not worried about frying it, you can fry the kebabs or you can bake it in oven.