Oat and Soybean is one combination saturated with protein. Much has been said and written on both that no introduction is required. The recipe I will be making today is very simple and quick and doesn’t need lot of ingredients. It’s a great substitute of onion rings.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Kitchen instrument: None
Difficulty level: 3/10
- 1 cup soybean
- 1.5 cups oat
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 tsp crushed pepper
- Salt per taste
- 1 tsp udad dal
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Oil to fry.
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp yogurt
1. Soak soybean overnight.
2. Now cook until they are soft.
3. Mash them to make a paste and put them in a bowl.
4. In a pan heat 2 tsp oil.
5. Add cumin seeds, dal and all vegetables.
6. Sauté for 2 minutes and add oat.
7. Now roast all for 5 minutes.
8. Add salt and chilli powder and 2 tsp yogurt
9. Add half cup water.
10. Stir and mix well for another 2-3 minutes.
11. If the mixture is too dry add some water.
12. Now add soybean paste and mix well.
13. Saute for 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
14. It should have dough like texture.
15. Now let it cool.
16. Rub some oil in hands and make balls out of the dough.
17. Press and with a finger, make a hole.
18. Now deep fry the rings until golden brown.
19. Serve with ketchup or your favourite sauce.
- Oat has tendency to soak water. However be careful using water since you don’t want really runny paste.