With its high fiber and nutrient content, Green Gram and split gram offers a number of health benefits. It helps in weight loss recipes. Today I will use this to make recipe to make Indian style quesadillas with Mung dal tortillas. It can be used as healthy snack recipe if you just avoid cheese.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Kitchen instrument: Blender
Difficulty level: 4/10
- 2 cups Mung Dal
- 4 tsp green chilli paste
- 1 cup boiled corn
- 1 cup small chopped green bell pepper
- 1 large plantain- boiled
- Salt for taste
- 4-5 tsp oil
Ingredient for coconut chutney
- 1 cup coconut shred
- 1 cup yogurt
- 4-5 red dry chilli
- Salt per taste
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp curry leaves
- 1 /2 tsp fenugreek seeds
1. Soak dal for 3-4 hours.
2. Grind soaked dal in blender and make paste like batter.
3. Boil plantain and corn in pressure cooker.
4. Mash plantain and make paste.
5. In a pan heat 2 tsp oil and stir fry chilli paste, corn and bell pepper.
6. Add plantain paste salt and mix well.
7. Cover and let it sauté for 5 minutes.
8. Your filling is ready.
9. Now blend coconut, curd red chilli and salt to make paste.
10. Head 1 tsp oil in small pan and ass mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and curry leaves.
11. Wait for them to crack and add it to the coconut paste. Coconut chutney is ready.
12. Now heat griddle and spread thin layer of dal batter.
13. Bake the tortilla by turning both sides with brushing lightly with oil.
14. You can bake all the tortillas before dinner.
15. While ready to serve dinner, put one tortilla on griddle. Grease it with little oil.
16. Spread the filling evenly on the tortilla.
17. Spread layer of cheese. This is optional.
18. Cover it with another tortilla.
19. Now bake it turning both sides carefully.
20. Make pieces and serve with chutney.
- It is important to soak gram for 4- 5 minutes to make smooth paste. Tortillas can be used even without filling for breakfast with pickles or chutney.