I believe the presence of starters in a meal makes the diner feel so special. Especially on special occasions, when you would like to impress the guests. Just add couple of starters and a single main course with a simple dessert. I sure intend to impress loved ones with this ripe tomatoes filled with planner and served in bread plates.
- 9-10 ripe round tomatoes
- 150 grams paneer thick shreds
- 1/2 cup of chopped black olives
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp red crushed peppers
- 1 tsp fresh basil leaves finely shred
- Pickled jalapeno slices
- 9-10 bread slices (of your choice)
- 9-10 cheese slices (of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- Cut the sides of bread and place them in greased cupcake tray pressing them down to the bottom of cups.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes until golden and crisp. Remove from tray and store.
- Slice the top off from each tomatoes and keep the top aside.
- Scoop out the seeds and pulp from the tomatoes to make them ready for fillings.
- In a mixing bowl, add paneer and basil shreds, drizzle olive oil and add chopped black olives, Italian seasoning and chilli flakes. Sprinkle salt to taste.
- Mix everything gently with a spatula and your filling is ready.
- Now in the greased cupcakes tray, place tomatoes in each cups and fill them with the paneer filling.
- Put the lid (sliced off top part of tomatoes) back on the tomatoes
- Bake them for 10-15 minutes until you see the skin softer and creased.
- Now remove tray from the oven and gently lift one tomatoes with spatula.
- Place the bread cup back in the tray, and press a cheese slice in the bread cup.
- Layer couple jalapeno slices and gently put the tomato back in the cup.
- Repeat the step for each tomatoes and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Your Red little cups are ready to be served in their bread saucers.
- The step to add bread and cheese is optional. Instead, you can bake the stuffed tomatoes in a casserole and just serve without bread slices.
- Also, instead of paneer, you can always use cottage cheese crumbles.