In heat of summer if someone asks you to have some soup you probably would want to pass on it. But wait we are talking about cold soup. Tomatoes and plum can create a delicious tangy combination. Let us make a creamy tomato and plum cold soup.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Kitchen instrument: Blender
Difficulty level: 2/10
- 5-6 ripe tomatoes (you can use combination of cherry and roma tomatoes)
- 5-6 plums
- 1 cup cream
- Salt per taste
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- Pinch of black pepper
1. Cut tomatoes and plum into small pieces.
2. Now puree them in blender.
3. Now using fine drainer, drain the puree leaving the coarse part behind.
4. Now in a pan, add the puree.
5. Add salt, sugar and pepper.
6. Boil them for 5- 7 minutes.
7. Add Cream and boil for another 5- 7 minutes.
8. Now let it cool down and refrigerate for 2 hours.
9. Make small pieces of 2 plums and on a griddle, grill on high until skin is soft.
10. Now serve the soup with grilled plum and lemon skin as garnish.
- You can use tomatoes of your choice. Also, you can serve the soup hot as well as cold depending on choice and season. Along with plums, you can gill roma tomatoes to serve with soup.