Creamy soup is always a great option for dinner. Natural sweetness of Carrots, sweet potatoes and apples can do wonders when pureed together with spice and butter. It is very quick and easy to make. It can serve the purpose of complete meal when fed to babies with some variations like avoiding chilies. Due to the mild sweet taste, it easily winds our little ones. So let us get started.
Duration: 40 minutes
Kitchen equipment: Blender.
- 4 large carrots
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 apple
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 4 tsp melted butter
- 1 onion (optional) (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp ginger (grated)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt per taste
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tsp cream
1. Shred carrots, Sweet potatoes and apple.
2. In a pan, heat butter and add cumin and all vegetables.
3. Stir fry it until vegetables are tender and soft minimum 7-8 minutes.
4. Add pepper, salt, milk and 3 cups of water.
5. Cover and simmer it on low heat for 20 minutes.
6. Turn off the heat and puree the mixture in the blender to form creamy and smooth soup.
7. Pour back in pan and let it simmer for 7-8 minutes.
8. Soup is ready to serve.
9. Garnish with cilantro and fresh cream.