It is time for another monsoon recipe. This time it is steamy and crunchy soup. With main ingredients as corn and cabbage, we will add other vegetables like carrots and French beans for crunch. However the healthiest option can be to serve soup by itself.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Kitchen instrument: Blender
Difficulty level: 3/10
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup cabbage shreds
- 1 cup long cut French beans
- 1 cup carrots cut in long strings
- 1/2cup corn flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour(Maida)
- Salt per taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 3-4 green chillies cut into small pieces
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp green chili paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- Oil to fry
1. Add 6 cups of water to corn kernels and cabbage shreds
2. Cook in pressure cooker or boil for 30 minutes until tender.
3. Now let it cool for few minutes and bled it in blender.
4. Use strainer to strain the soup.
5. Now in a large pan, add the soup, 1 cup water, 1 tsp soy sauce, small cut green chillies, black pepper, sugar, ginger paste and simmer for 10-15 minutes on low heat.
6. Soup is ready to be served.
7. In a mixing bowl, add both flour, salt to taste, green chilli paste and 1 tsp soy sauce.
8. Add enough water to form batter and mix well.
9. Now heat oil in a pan to fry.
10. Dip vegetable strips in batter and fry until golden crisp.
11. Serve the soup and top with veg crispies.
- To make vegetable crisps, you can even use bell pepper, cauliflower florets and spinach leaves. Also, adding sugar is optional to the soup. Soup can be served by itself or with the crunchy veggies.