This Sandwich sure is healthy and has a twist and crisp of semolina in it. It doesnâ€™t require cheese for a change. Even though it is filling, it requires less of bread than a normal sandwich. It sure is friendly to health conscious group.
- 4 slices of Bread of your choice (Multigrain, whole-wheat or Oat)
- 100 gm semolina
- 50 gm yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 4 green chilies finely chopped
- 1/2 onion finely chopped(optional)
- 1 small bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup green peas finely chopped
- 1 spoon salt
- 2 table spoon butter
- In a bowl beat the yogurt along with water.
- Soak Semolina for one hour in the above liquid.
- Mixture should be thick batter which you should be able to spread over the bread.
- Now add all the chopped vegetables and salt.
- Mix it well.
- Now spread butter over one side of the bread.
- Now spread the mixture 1/2inch thick on the other side of the bread.
- Heat the griddle.
- Place the slice (buttered side) on the griddle with low heat until the bread is golden crisp.
- Turn it over and lower the heat.
- Let it grill for 1 minute until the semolina is completely cooked and the layer is crisp.
- Cut triangle of the slice and serve it hot with ketchup.
- If semolina mixture is too dry you can add little water.
- If mixture is too loose, let it stand for another 15 minutes and you can drain the access water.
- You can top with cheese shred to attract kids and serve with ketchup.
- To give desi touch, you can top with sev and serve with green chutney and imli chutney .
- Anytime you want to control use of butter, use butter spray so that it easier to spread over entire bread with minimum quantity.