Now again, you can choose the bread you like. My all-time favourite is Multigrain. This will turn out really healthy and tummy filling sandwich. Good idea for a lunch time meal. It has enough carb + protein + veggies to get a balanced meal. We will keep Hummus as key ingredient to this flavour.
- 4 slices of Bread of your choice (Multigrain, whole-wheat or Oat)
- Hummus spread(store bought or made from scratch)
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1/2 carrot sliced
- 1/2 cucumber sliced
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 4 green chilies finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 can garbanzo beans (you can use 2 cups of cooked chole chana instead)
- 1 table spoon salt
- 2 table spoon olive oil
- 1 table spoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tea spoon red chilli powder
- 3 tablespoon tahini sauce
- 1/2 cup water or as needed
Mix garlic, beans, salt, tahini sauce and salt. Add it to blender and add water enough to cover the mixture. Blend it in blender until its smooth paste. Collect the paste in a bowl and sprinkle olive oil and chili powder. Mix it well. Spread is ready
- Spread Hummus heavily on two slices of bread.
- Layer it with cucumber, carrots and sundried tomatoes
- Top it with onion slices.
- Now sprinkle generous amount of feta cheese.
- You can either grill it or just eat it cold.
- If you decide to grill, butter it on the outer layer of the sandwich and Let it grill until golden of both sides.
- Cut triangle of the slice and serve it hot or with more of hummus dip.
- You can serve it with side of pita chips to make it complete meal.