Salad made out of the fruits is the best summer treat you can ever have for lunch. When we have combination of water melon, sweet melon, mangoes and mint, the experience is just heavenly. WE can do it Indian style by just adding a little kick to it. Green chilies of course.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Kitchen instrument: Knife
Difficulty level: 1/10
- 1/2 small watermelon
- 1 small cantaloupe
- 2 mangoes
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup finely cut cilantro
- 1/2 cup finely cut mint
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chili
- Salt per taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 -3 spoon orange juice
- Cheese shreds to garnish
1. Cut all the fruits in shapes of your choice.
2. In a mixing bowl, add mint, cilantro, salt, lemon juice, orange juice and chilies.
3. Mix it well to make the dressing.
4. Now toss in fruits and mix well.
5. Put it in refrigerator for few hours to get the favour and seasoning set into the fruits.
6. Serve it cold into salad plate.
7. Shred some cheese on top for garnishment.
- Even though you can choose your own fruit, melon goes great with mangoes or oranges. Use of lemon and cheese is optional. You can use apple cider vinegar instead. Also, feta cheese goes very well with this one.