Can Pizza ever be healthy? Sure it can. There is no need of cheese to make it extra delicious. The recipe I am going to share here is of quick and simple yet healthy Mediterranean style crispy pizza.
Preparation time: 30 minutes | Servings: 2 | Kitchen instrument: Oven
- 1 canned chick peas or 2 cup boiled chick peas
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp lemon
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 green chilies
- 3 peeled garlic (optional)
- 4 pitta bread
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives sliced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno sliced
- 1 tsp oil
1. Blend chickpeas, salt, lemon, chilies and garlic to make a smooth paste.
2. Drizzle some oil and sprinkle red chili powder.
3. Your pizza spread hummus is ready.
4. In a pan, heat oil and add both bell peppers.
5. Sprinkle salt to taste and stir fry it for 2 minutes
6. Now add olives and jalapenos mix well and stir for 1 minute and turn off the heat.
7. Your pizza topping is ready as well.
8. Preheat oven for 375 degree F
9. Spread hummus on pita bread and bake it in preheated oven for 5-7 minutes until crisp.
10. Take out and add the toppings.
11. Your pizza is ready to be served.
- If you want, you can add feta cheese as additional topping. Also instead of pita bread, you can use regular soft pizza base as well.