Quick and easy southwestern style pizza is always a great starter when the guests are mixture of adults and kids. For a change it doesn’t require tomatoes to make pizza sauce. Instead we will use yogurt or sour cream and cilantro to get the savory taste. Also we will add black beans to spike the pizza with extra protein.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Kitchen instrument: Oven
Difficulty level: 1/10
- 2 cups yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup cilantro
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 green chilies
- 4 store bought thin Pizza crust
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno sliced
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- Salt and red crushed pepper(optional)
- Cheese of your choice
1. Preheat oven for 375 degree F
2. Spread cheese on pizza crust and bake it in preheated oven for 5-7 minutes until crisp.
3. Mix pizza topping ingredients in a large bowl including salt and crushed peppers
4. Take out the pizza from oven and add generous amount of toppings.
5. Put back in over for another 5 minutes.
6. Take out and drizzle generous amount of cilantro dip on the top.
7. Cut into pieces and its ready to serve.
Tips: You can use your choice of pizza crust. You can add lettuce shred on the top of cilantro dip before serving.