Breakfast Romance with
Multigrain Pancakes with homemade strawberry syrup, hash browns and tomato basil toast
Did I forget Coffee???
Very simple and quick breakfast is what we want for lovely morning with lovely partner. I would mention that the healthier it gets, lovelier it gets. Multigrain pancakes with homemade strawberry sauce, plantain hash browns and Tomato basil cheese toast.
- 2 cups Multigrain flour (you can mix oat, whole grain or any other you want)
- 2 tsp baking powder & 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp Splenda or any other sweetener
- 1 cup plain yogurt (shouldn’t be sour)
- 3 cups strawberry juice and 5-6 strawberries chopped into pieces
- 2 plantains boiled with skin
- Salt per taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp jalapeno shreds
- 3-4 Bread slices of your choice (Whole wheat or Multigrain is my choice)
- 3-4 cheese slices
- 6 Tomato slices
- 2 tsp fresh basil finely chopped
- Pickled jalapeno slices (Optional)
- Add flour, yogurt and splenda in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add little water to form batter like texture.
- Let it stand for 15 minutes
- Add baking soda and powder and beat vigorously
- Heat a skillet and grease with oil.
- Pour one large spoon of batter and let it spread on its own. (you can use mould to form shapes)
- Let it grill for couple minutes until you see bubbles forming and cake rising.
- Slowly turn the side and grill until golden brown.
- Pancakes are ready to serve when grilled both sides
- Cut fresh strawberries and puree them.
- Boil them in a pan with sugar in it for 10 minutes
- Strawberry syrup is ready to serve
- Shred boiled banana and take them in a mixing bowl
- Add green chilies and salt and pepper.
- Toss them well.
- Heat the griddle with 1 tsp olive oil and place the banana shreds
- Let them grill on low heat for 5-7 minutes
- Slowly turn around and let them be golden in colour
- Your hash browns are ready to serve
- Take bread slice and butter both the sides
- Place tomato slices and fresh basil shreds on top.
- Top it with cheese slice.
- Toast it in toaster over until crisp.
- Your Tomato Basil Toast is ready to serve.
- Serve you valentine a lovely breakfast – Multigrain Pancakes with homemade strawberry syrup, hash browns and tomato basil toast. Don’t forget the coffee.