If you are looking for a healthy start of the day, what more than a multi grain bread. And if you could get a generous serving of vegetable just with it, it will be ideal. I would top the toast with Pesto spread and make it more interesting. All you need is cup of steaming hot coffee and you get a head start to the day.
- 1 cup zucchini shreds
- 1/2 cup carrot shreds
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 3 cups all-purpose flour or multi grain flour
- 1 cup butter, melted
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp chilli
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a mixing bowl, add shredded vegetables with butter.
- Add in milk, and mix well.
- Add in sugar, baking soda, salt, and mix well.
- Add flour last and mix until you form a sticky loose dough.
- Grease a bread loaf pan. Sprinkle dry flour in the pan so that the loaf comes out neatly.
- Pour mixture into a greased and floured bread loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a knife comes out clean.
- Let it cool on the wire rack before you take it out.
- Your Bread loaf is ready to serve.
- Cut a nice slice and toast it.
- Spread Butter or Pesto and your Breakfast is ready.
- This Multigrain spicy vegetable Bread can be used as sandwich bread or breakfast toast. You can spread Pesto, mayonnaise, sliced vegetables and cheese and make a grilled sandwich out of the loaf.