If you are tired of traditional oatmeal breakfast, it time to be trendy and even healthier with Quinoa Porridge. The benefits of Quinoa is well known, and it is also high on nutrient content. Adding some fruits and nuts, we can make it just perfect for Breakfast or a heavy snack. Here is our recipe for Quinoa Porridge with smoked banana topping.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 cup milk (full fat)
- 3 tsp sugar (sweetener in case you want to avoid sugar)
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp Almond slices
- Fruits of your choice and cut into desired shapes. (below preparation instruction will use banana)
- 1 tsp butter
- Soak Quinoa in a bowl for about 1 hour.
- In a pan, add soaked Quinoa and milk.
- Heat it on stove and let it simmer for minimum of 15 minutes.
- Keep stirring and add more milk if necessary. Quinoa has tendency to soak liquid.
- Quinoa should look transparent and fluffy when cooked.
- Add cinnamon, sugar or sweetener and let the sugar melt completely.
- Turn of the stove and add it to serving bowl. Make sure it is little runny as quinoa will still soak milk.
- In a pan melt 1 tsp butter
- Add sliced banana
- Add a pinch of sugar and cinnamon and smoke it for a minute or two.
- Scoop it and top it on the quinoa bowl.
- Sprinkle some almond slices and serve it warm.
- Soaking Quinoa before cooking will reduce cooking time. Quinoa does take time to cook completely so it is very necessary to check the transparency and fluffiness by feeling the texture by fingers. Also, make sure you keep the consistency runny when you serve because quinoa will soak all the milk as it gets colder. You can use variety of fruits with it. Get seasonal fruits and nuts to have filling and nutritious breakfast.