Breakfast and paratha are like made for each other and if we add pickle and yogurt, it creates wonders. The recipe I am going to share has all of these including unavoidable breakfast ingredient – Oat. The recipe is really easy and so quick so that gets ready while your tea or coffee is still brewing. Let us not wait anymore.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Kitchen equipment: Grill or Pan
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 1 small raw mango
- 1/2 cup methi masala
- 4 tsp oil
- 1 and 1/2 cup oat. (Click here to buy Oats from Amazon.)
- 2 cup yogurt
- Salt per taste
1. In a mixing bowl, add oat, salt to taste and 1/2 cup yogurt.
2. Mix well to form dough.
3. If yogurt is not enough, add water per the need.
4. Keep the dough little loose as oat will soak water.
5. Now cover and leave it for 10 minutes.
6. In the meantime use a thick shredder to shred carrot, cucumber and mango.
7. In a small mixing bowl, add vegetable shred and methi masala
8. Add 1 tsp oil and salt and mix well.
9. Now from the dough, make six equal parts and form balls.
10. Roll one part using help of dry flour for dusting.
11. Spread the mixture over the rolled paratha leaving the edges.
12. Now roll another same size circle.
13. Wet the edges of the paratha by dipping fingers in water.
14. Layer the second paratha over the first one and press the edges.
15. Roll the stuffed paratha one more time.
16. Heat the griddle and grease it with little oil,
17. Grill the paratha on both sides until they are crisp and golden.
18. Serve them with yogurt.
- Oat has tendency to soak water and so after 10 minutes, it is too dry, add some water and knead is to form dough. Instead of using methi masala, u can use the ready mango pickle. You can also add onion and garlic to the filling.