We are very much aware of health benefits of Oat and Quinoa. Both are very rich in protein and can be a very good option for breakfast recipes. By just adding some vegetables, you can make complete meal out of it.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Serving size: 24 pieces
Specialised kitchen equipment: Appam tray
- 1 cup Oat
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1/4 cup diced bellpepper
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp green chillies
- 1 tsp curry leaves
- 2 cup buttermilk
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp oil
- Soak Quinoa for at least 2 hours or overnight
- In a pan heat oil
- Add cumin seeds and curry leaves and hear them cracking.
- Add green chillies and other vegetables and stir fry them.
- Add salt and buttermilk
- Mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add water to keep the texture little runny like loose paste.
- Now take the batter in a mixing bowl and add 1/2 tsp baking soda.
- Now in pour the batter into Appam tray and cover and let it bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Once golden brown, turn the side and let it bake again.
- Your Breakfast patties are ready. Serve with Hot tea or coffee.
- Oat and quinoa will both soak water when cooked so you can keep adding water to keep them from sticking to bottom of pan. Also Quinoa will take some time to be completely cooked. They are considered cooked when fluffy and transparent.