Cottage cheese is popular among dieters and some health food devotees. It is a favorite food among bodybuilders, runners, swimmers and weightlifters for its high content of casein protein (a longer-lasting protein) while being relatively low in fat. Pregnant women are advised that cottage cheese is safe to eat, whereas some cheese products are not recommended during pregnancy. Today I will share simple recipe to not only make cottage cheese but also different uses of cottage cheese spread.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Kitchen instrument: mixer
Difficulty level: 4/10
- 1 litre or 4 cups of milk (skim or whole as per your choice)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 shred bell pepper
- 2 tsp green chillies
- salt per taste
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cream
- 4 to 6 slices of Bread of your choice (you can use sub to make sandwich)
1. Heat Milk in a large pan until you see it steaming.. Do not boil.
2. Turn off the gas and add 1 tea spoon of lemon juice.
3. You would see water separating. Stir it until the process of separating water is complete.
4. Now use a very thin cotton cloth to drain the water.
5. Squeeze hard to drain all the water. Add couple spoon of cream and mix well.
6. Now you can use the cream cheese for different flavours of spread.
7. Add salt and crushed peppers and beat it until smooth to make red chilli flake flavour spread.
8. Add salt and black pepper and beat it until smooth to make red black pepper flavour spread.
9. Use herbs and green chillies and bell pepper to make veg spread
10. Now use it on toast or in Sandwich.