A Cinnamon Roll is a sweet roll served commonly in Northern Europe and North America. It is famous breakfast and comes very close to donuts or Danish. It is very simple to make and needs very few ingredients and Cinnamon is to name first. Let me share the easiest recipe for delicious breakfast.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Waiting Time: 60 minutes
Kitchen Equipments: Use Oven and Casserole
- 3 cups of All Purpose flour (Maida)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar and 2 tsp milk
- In a mixing bowl, mix warm milk and melted butter.
- Sprinkle yeast and activate it for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and sugar and mix well.
- Now add flour and knead a dough.
- Grease a large mixing bowl and transfer the dough into the bowl.
- Cover it with plastic wrap and put it in warm place to let it rise for an hour or until you see it rising double in size.
- Now knead dough one more time soft and sprinkle dry flour on the surface.
- Roll the dough in a rectangle.
- Brush butter on the rolled surface and sprinkle cinnamon and crushed nuts if you like nuts.
- Now make tight roll of the dough and with sharp greased knife, cut dough into 2 inch pieces.
- Place the rolls into the casserole and brush it for with 2 tsp butter and Cover with plastic wrap.
- Set it aside to rise for another 15 minutes while you Preheat oven to 375 degree F
- Now uncover and bake the rolls for 25-30 minutes or until golden in colour.
- Warm and fluffy sweet cinnamon rolls are ready.
- Let it cool down a little and prepare glaze by mixing sugar and milk with a spoon beating vigorously.
- Glazed cinnamon rolls are ready to serve.