The best way to start your day is with protein. Chick pea is high in protein. It is one of the earliest cultivated legumes: 7,500-year-old remains have been found in the Middle East. The recipe I will be making today is a great Healthy breakfast recipe.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Kitchen instrument: None
Difficulty level: 3/10
- 1 cup dry Garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- 6 slices of bread of your choice.
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- Salt per taste
- 2 tsp green chilli paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Cilantro or mint to garnish
- 3 tsp oil
1. Soak Beans/Chickpea over night or at least 4 hours.
2. Now cook them adding little salt until soft. Please make sure they are cooked completely but still whole. You should not see split in the pea.
3. Cut bell pepper and tomatoes into small cubes.
4. Cut bread slices in squares of your desired size.
5. In a large pan, heat oil.
6. Add chilli paste and vegetables.
7. Add salt and spices.
8. Mix well until soft and tomatoes looks mashed.
9. Add Beans and mix well.
10. Add one cup of water, cover and let simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
11. Add lemon juice and stir well.
12. Now add the bread pieces and stir well.
13. Keep stirring until it mixes well and there is no water left.
14. The dish is ready to be served hot with cilantro or Mint garnish.
- Cooking of beans is important since uncooked beans will be difficult to be consumed. Also, do not make very small pieces of bread otherwise it will turn into mushy gravy.