Sweet Potatoes are nutritious, high in fibre, very filling and delicious in taste. Sweet potatoes are only distantly related to regular potatoes. Studies suggest that they are always a better option compared to regular potatoes. It is also a good ingredient while cooking for weight loss. Today, we will fill sweet potatoes fillings in little veggie cups and garnish with some cheese.
- 3 cups of peeled and cut sweet potatoes.
- 1 cup shred cheese
- 2 cup all-purpose flour/Maida
- 3 tsp butter
- 1 cup ice cold milk
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup green chilli paste
- 1/2 cup carrot shreds
- 1 tsp sesame seed
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black cumin
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- In a mixing bowl, add flour and salt to taste.
- Add butter and mix well.
- Make three parts of the mixture.
- In one part add cilantro and green chilli and form a dough using milk. If too dry, Keep adding milk until it forms ball of dough.
- In another part add carrot shreds and some red chilli powder and form a dough using milk. If too dry, Keep adding milk until it forms ball of dough.
- For the last part form the dough using milk. If too dry, Keep adding milk until it forms ball of dough.
- Refrigerate dough for 15 minutes.
- Knead it well and make small balls out of the dough.
- Now roll the dough thin.
- Cut circles of the rolled dough.
- Grease the cups of the baking tray.
- Bake until light golden and crisp
- Take them out of the moulds and let it cool.
- You can make these in bunch and store it for later and multiple purpose.
- The multi-colour of the baskets are really attractive.
- Now for the filling- in a pan take 1 tsp oil and heat it. Add 1 tsp mustard seeds, add 1 tsp green chillies, 2-3 curry leaves, 1 cup of cut sweet potatoes and salt to taste.
- Cover and Cook on low heat until soft and tender. Turn off the heat sprinkle cilantro and your green filling for green cups is ready.
- Now for red filling, in a pan add 1 tsp oil. Once it warms up to see the smoke, add one cup of sweet potatoes and salt to taste.
- Cover and Cook on low heat until soft and tender. Add chilli powder and mix well and cook for another minute. Turn off the heat and your orange filling for orange cups is ready.
- Heat 1 more tsp oil in a pan and add sesame seed to the warm oil. Once you hear them cracking, add one cup of sweet potatoes and salt to taste.
- Cover and Cook on low heat until soft and tender. Turn off the heat your plain filling is ready.
- Fill the fillings in baskets, and sprinkle generous amount of cheese. Bake them while serving. Bake just enough to melt the cheese.
- Again filling can be of your choice and even the vegetables used to make baskets can be of your choice. Minimum of oil is sued in preparation so skipping cheese may not be necessary. You can just decrease the quantity of the cheese that you use. Also, if you do not prefer melted cheese, you can just serve without baking. Since the basket is baked and the filing is cooked, it is not required to bake again. Also, you can top the baskets with chatni and ketchup if you like. You can bake extra baskets and store in airtight containers for later use.