The attempt is made to feed your child complete meal including leafy vegetables, rice, bread and some calcium and protein. It seems like a challenge. But below recipe works like magic. Use of spinach and brownie makes it special and colorful.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Kitchen instruments: Blender
Difficulty level: 5/10
- 1 cup brown rice
- 200 gm spinach
- 3 green chillies
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry (optional)
- 10 slices of bread (wheat or of your choice)
- 1 cup cheese (shreds)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup milk
1. Soak rice for about an hour.
2. In a pan boil water, add salt and add rice to cook.
3. Boil them until tender but not so soft to break.
4. Wash Spinach leaves and in a blender add spinach and green chilies to form gravy.
5. Heat a pan and add gravy. Add salt and lemon per taste and Let it sizzle until the water has almost evaporated.
6. Add rice and mix well.
7. Let the rice cool for 10 minutes.
8. Now mix cheese shreds with rice and make small balls out of the mixture.
9. Take bread slices and cut the sides.
10. Take two bread slices and brush milk generously on both sides until completely wet.
11. Hold one slice in palm, add the rice ball and cover with another slice.
12. Now press together on all sides with both hands and try to form a ball with bread coating.
13. repeat with all the balls and heat oil in a pan to fry the balls
14. You can fry the balls until golden.
15. Cut them into half and serve with ketchup.
Tips: You can wet your hands with milk while making the bread coat on the balls. Also, you do not have to deep fry the balls. Instead you can bake them at 375 degree F until golden. Don’t forget to flip occasionally to get the right amount of heat on all sides.