This is a fancy way to start a dinner. I have used vegetables to add colors to our dish. Tangy salsa will add lot of flavor to the dish.
Preparation time: 60 Minutes
Kitchen instrument: Blender
Difficulty level: 5/10
- 1/2 cup spinach gravy
- 1/2 cup tomato gravy
- 2.5 cup wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp green chili paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 raw mango
- 6-7 green chillies
- 1 cup cilantro
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4 large tomatoes
- Oil to fry
1. Make two separate portions from flour.
2. Take one portion in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add spinach gravy green chilli paste, salt and 1 tsp oil.
4. Knead dough. Add more flour if dough is sticky and loose.
5. Now in another mixing bowl take rest of the portion of dough, tomato puree, salt and 1 tsp oil.
6. Add chilli powder and knead dough.
7. Now make small balls out of dough and roll tortillas.
8. Now slowly roll them to form small cigar like shapes.
9. Use fork to make small holes so that while frying they don’t get filled with oil.
10. Heat oil to fry.
11. Fry the little cigars on slow heat until crisp.
12. Now peel mango and cut into large pieces.
13. Boil water and mango pieces and boil for 5-7 minutes.
14. Now drain and put in food processor.
15. Add 2 tsp sugar, 3 green chillies, 1/2 cup cilantro and salt to taste.
16. Make coarse paste and your raw mango salsa is ready.
17. In a blender, add tomatoes, rest of the cilantro and green chilies.
18. Add salt and make coarse paste out of it.
19. Your tomato salsa is ready.
20. In shot glasses, add mango and tomato salsa.
21. Serve it with red and green cigars.
- While forming dough, make sure you do not use too much of puree. Also, fry cigars on low heat. Instead, you can always use oven to bake them.