Simple quick and cheesy recipe is what we are always looking for our picky eaters. Who does not like Mac N Cheese? So why not just make it different and interesting. Let us add it into Bread, sneak in some veggies and make a dish which makes them asking for more and more.
- 1 cup of whole wheat pasta shells of your choice
- 1 cup of whole milk
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp of all-purpose flour
- 3 cups of shredded cheese of your choice
- Whole wheat Buns (Burger rolls) of your choice
- 1/2 cup of cut broccoli florets (boiled tender)
- In a pan, boil water and add pasta, pinch of salt and cook them until tender.
- Drain pasta once cooked.
- In a separate pan, add milk and warm it.
- In a separate bowl add 2 tsp flour and 4 tsp milk and whisk it together to form smooth paste.
- Add this to the Milk on the stove and stir it until it feels thicker.
- Now add 3/4th of cheese shred and stir it until it feels thick and creamy.
- Now add drained pasta and broccoli into the sauce and coat it thoroughly with the cheese sauce.
- Take bun and remove a very thin slice from the top of the Bun with a sharp knife.
- Scoop out the centre of the bread and make a bread bowl.
- Make sure you still keep the bread bowl thick enough.
- Now scoop in the mac and cheese and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F and place the bread bowls in the oven for few minutes until the cheese has melt.
- Serve them warm and wait for them to just disappear in the little mouths.
You can add more veggies if you like. Also if you do not want to prepare mac and cheese at home, you can also make the store bought and use it into the recipe. Also, make sure you have all the usual condiments like ketchup and mustard ready to be served with the bread bowls.