Colour plays the part here very well. It gets generous amount of veggies into little ones tummy. It is really quick to make them and even quicker to get them gobbled up.
- 2 raw bananas or 3 potatoes
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves pureed to 2 tsp
- 1/4 cup beet root grated finely
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 green chilly finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Butter
- Boil bananas and mash them really smooth.
- Mash until it forms smooth thick paste.
- Add salt, sugar, chillies and cilantro.
- Mix well and divide the paste into 3 parts. (More if you want more colours)
- Mix the 1st part with spinach puree and refrigerate it immediately for 15 minutes.
- Mix the 2nd part with grated beet root and again refrigerate it for 15 minutes.
- I would keep the 3rd part plain and use the cream colour as the base. You can most certainly use carrot or any other veggie to create a colour.
- Now take all the parts out of refrigerator and roll each flat very carefully. Use dry rice or corn flour for rolling if it is sticky.
- With a mould cut small circular coin like pieces.
- Heat the griddle and add butter.
- Now place all the patties like small pieces into the griddle and shake the griddle so that all of them are coated with butter.
- Grill them until golden and crisp on both sides.
- Serve them with ketch up.
- Refrigeration of the paste is really important so that it is not runny and watery and easier to form shapes. You can be creative and add as many vegetable puree as you want to get nice colours. Do not use any water or it will be really difficult to form patties.