Here is another quick easy and filling recipe for little ones. It is one of the favorites of my kids. Use of ingredients here is completely optional. You can add as many or as less depending on the choice. Also cheese can be used per your choice. I normally use anything and everything which is found that day in my refrigerator. Use as many leftovers as I could since breakfast cooking is supposed to be quick. Let us get started.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Kitchen instrument: Oven
Difficulty level: 1/10
- 2 tortillas (Paratha/Roti) of your choice. Home-made or store bought.
- 1/2cup boiled corn kernels ( can use canned )
- Slices of 4-5 large black olives
- Italian seasoning
- 2 large plantains (can use potatoes)
- Salt per taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup cheese bread
1. Peel plantains and make slices. If you are using potatoes, you can cut them into wedges.
2. Place the slices into a bowl sprinkle oil, salt and seasoning.
3. Toss to coat them well.
4. Grease baking tray and lay them flat.
5. Preheat oven to 370 degree F.
6. Place the baking tray in oven to bake for 10-12 minutes.
7. Heat a pan.
8. Spread butter on one side of both the tortillas.
9. Spread Cream cheese on the other side.
10. Sprinkle corn, olives and seasoning on one tortilla and place them on the pan with buttered side touching the pan.
11. Place another tortilla upside down on the top.
12. Now grill them until crisp on both sides.
13. Quesadillas are ready to serve with the hash browns or wedges.
14. Sprinkle cheese or ketchup per your taste.
- As I mentioned you can have your choice of tortillas. As far as filling is concerned, you can use beans and cheese. Even avocado and cheese goes well. To make it spicier, you can use onion slices and jalapenos. Also you can sprinkle some chilli flakes on plantains or potatoes to make it hot and spicy.