This recipe is great for Kids Birthday Parties. It is very easy and quick with the key ingredient of corn and cheese. It can be served as appetizers or snacks or just a side. Goes great with ketchup. However, I sometimes use it as breakfast item since it has all the essentials, bread, corn and cheese. It’s also filling and goes great with steaming coffee or tea. Instead of 4 PM tea and biscuits, you can have tea and hot pockets.
- 200 gms Maida or whole wheat flour.
- 100 gms butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup corn (fresh but boiled or canned)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 tsp green chillies (optional. Use only if you want to add some spice)
- Knead a soft dough out of four, butter and salt.
- In a pan, heat 1 tsp butter and saute corn and chillies.
- Let it cool and add cheese.
- Mix well and filling for the pockets are ready.
- Divide dough in 5 or 6 portions and roll with a roll pin just like flat bread.
- Use cookie cutters to cut shapes from the flat bread
- Now take one shape and with a spoon scoop filling in the middle.
- Take, a small cup with water in it. Wet your finger and run it through edges of the cut-out.
- Place another cut-out on the top and press the edges firmly.
- Now take a fork and press on the edges to make sure that none of the edges are open and also this will create pretty pattern.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
- Grease the baking tray (I use butter spray) and place each pockets in the try
- Bake it for 8-10 minutes until you see them turning golden crisp.
- Please make sure you flip to both the sides, couple times while in oven in 2-3 minutes interval so that they bake evenly on both the sides.
- Hot and cheesy corn pockets are ready to relish.
- Serve them with mustard and ketchup.
You can use as much as vegetables as you want. The filling can be customize as per your taste. You can use more cheese or more spice. I sometimes make broccoli and cheese. Also add bell peppers to corn and it tastes equally good. Also if you want biscuit like feeling, you can keep the dough layer thicker and add more butter. When doing that lower the temperature of oven and let it bake longer. However healthier option is less of butter and thinner layer from dough.