The idea is to make crisps out of carrots and flour. Use marinara sauce to make sandwich from two crisps. And now Use pasta as a topping. Again, this is another way to attract our kiddos to eat healthy serving of vegetables along with their favorite pasta.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Kitchen instrument: Food processor
Difficulty level: 5/10
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or flour of your choice
- Salt to taste
- 3 tsp butter
- 1.5 cup pasta of your choice
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups carrot shred
- 1/2 cup bell pepper cut in cubes
- 1/2 cup baby corn cut small
- 2 tsp sugar
- 7 to 8 large tomatoes
- 3-4 green chillies
- 2 tsp flour
- 2 tsp cheese spread
- Oil to fry
1. In a large mixing bowl add flour, salt per taste, 1 cup carrot shreds and butter.
2. Slowly knead dough using very little water.
3. Use very less water since carrots will release some of its own water.
4. Now cover the dough and set it aside for few minutes.
5. Now make small parts of dough and roll small tortillas.
6. Heat oil in a pan.
7. Now fry the tortillas until crisp on low heat.
8. In a blender blend tomatoes and green chillies.
9. Now in a small pan add the puree of tomatoes and chillies.
10. Add salt and 1 tsp sugar and boil till thick. Approximately for 10 minutes.
11. Your marinara sauce is ready.
12. In a deep pan boil water and cook pasta in it.
13. While pasta is cooking, heat 1 tsp butter in a pan.
14. Add 1 cup carrot shred, bell pepper and baby corn and stir for 2-3 minutes
15. Add milk and 2 tsp sugar and salt. Let it boil.
16. In a cup dissolve 2 tsp flour in water or milk.
17. Add to the boiling mix and keep stirring.
18. Add cheese sauce and keep stirring.
19. Your thick white sauce is ready.
20. Now add cooked pasta, mix well and turn off the heat.
21. Now in a plate, place 1 crisp.
22. Layer marinara sauce and add another layer of crisp.
23. Scoop pasta on the top and your dish is ready to serve.
24. Garnish with mint leaves.
- You can make pasta in white, green or red sauce. Make sure you do not add more water while kneading dough since carrot has tendency to release water.