Colour plays the part here very well. It gets generous amount of veggies into little ones tummy. It is really quick to make them and even quicker to get them gobbled up.
- 2 raw bananas or 3 potatoes
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves pureed to 2 tsp
- 1/4 cup beet root grated finely
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 green chilly finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Butter
- Boil bananas and mash them really smooth.
- Mash until it forms smooth thick paste.
- Add salt, sugar, chillies and cilantro.
- Mix well and divide the paste into 3 parts. (More if you want more colours)
- Mix the 1st part with spinach puree and refrigerate it immediately for 15 minutes.
- Mix the 2nd part with grated beet root and again refrigerate it for 15 minutes.
- I would keep the 3rd part plain and use the cream colour as the base. You can most certainly use carrot or any other veggie to create a colour.
- Now take all the parts out of refrigerator and roll each flat very carefully. Use dry rice or corn flour for rolling if it is sticky.
- With a mould cut small circular coin like pieces.
- Heat the griddle and add butter.
- Now place all the patties like small pieces into the griddle and shake the griddle so that all of them are coated with butter.
- Grill them until golden and crisp on both sides.
- Serve them with ketch up.
- Refrigeration of the paste is really important so that it is not runny and watery and easier to form shapes. You can be creative and add as many vegetable puree as you want to get nice colours. Do not use any water or it will be really difficult to form patties.
Have you tried cheese and noodles together? I have tried it with my kids and they love it. Why not? To make it more interesting, serve it with side of fresh oranges. Just look of it will make kids hungry.
- 100 gm wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup long thin cut green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 tsp green chilli finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp red chilli sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 cheese slices of your choice
- salt to taste
- 1 cup peeled orange
- Bring water to boil in a pan and add spaghetti.
- Add a pinch of salt and 1/4 tsp oil and let it boil until tender.
- Do not overcook spaghetti.
- Drain cooked noodles and pour some cold water on the top to make sure they do not stick to each other.
- Pour oil in a pan.
- Add all vegetables and stir fry them for 3 minutes.
- Add salt, soy sauce and chilli sauce and stir it well
- Add cooked noodles and keep stirring.
- Turn off the stove and let it cool a little.
- Now lay cheese slice on a plate and fill it with noodles and roll them like a taco.
- Pour some ketchup on the top and serve it with side of oranges.
Tips: Make sure you serve cheese rolls immediately after making since holding it too long can break the cheese slice and make it messy.
Most of the mom complains about their little picky eaters. The important question is how to feed your little ones a balanced meal which is healthy as well as tasty. Little kids are mostly attracted to different colours and characters. For them, boring looking food generally is boring in taste as well. We will use lot of natural colours and shapes to attract them. But please keep in mind, even though this will attract them to take first bite, but the taste is the key for them to be able to complete the meal without fuss.