On a chilly winter lazy afternoon, all you need is something warm to sip on, your favourite paperback, and a lounge chair. To help you with the preparation of drink, I will share a winter warmer drink recipe.
- 1/2 tsp tea powder (chai patti)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 cups of water
- 1 navel orange
- 1 lemon
- 3 tsp honey
- 8 cloves
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp sliced ginger
- 5 whole Cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp pieces of cinnamon stick
- In a pan, add water, tea and ginger and bring it to simmer.
- With a vegetable peeler, peel orange and lemon.
- Add the lemon and orange zest to the pan.
- Now add cloves, nutmeg, pieces of cinnamon sticks and let it simmer for 30 minutes without covering.
- Now add Sugar and Honey and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Turn of the heat and drain the drink into a jug.
- In a mug, put one cinnamon stick and pour the hot drink on the top.
- Winter warmer is ready to serve.
Tips: The Drink can be made stronger by adding even cardamom seeds. Add more or less honey and sugar as per your choice. Even adding more ginger will make It stronger. Do not boil the drink just let it simmer.