The purpose is the same. It is to get our young ones to eat generous amount on fruits and vegetables without fuss. What is better than a frozen treat? Let’s freeze some cut fruits and vegetables. While eating, we can make it a fun experience to identify the fossils that they are eating. By the time game is over, the little one will have enough fruit and vegetable in their stomach to make mom happy.
- 2 cup mix fruits of your choice cut in small square pieces
- 1 cup vegetables (broccoli, green peas, cauliflower)
- 5 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cut fruits in big pieces and in shapes that you like. I would use circle, semi-circle, triangle etc.
- Not cut vegetables so that you can have broccoli and cauliflower small florets.
- In a Pan add water and salt and bring it to boil.
- Add sugar and vegetables and boil it for 2 minutes.
- Now turn it off and let it cool.
- Add orange syrup and cut fruits.
- Now pour into moulds of your choice such as popsicles, Ice- tray etc.
- Popsicles will be a frozen treat for kids
- Ice-tray frozen can be used to serve with fruit punch.
- Freeze overnight and they are ready to be eat.
- You can use single fruit or vegetables to make your treats. Use the respective flavour to make the juice. For example kiwi syrup/flavour for kiwi fruit treats.